Here’s a list of things to add to your calendar that are coming up soon, more or less in chronological order.
1. We’re scheduled to meet with the Lynn Police for another rap session on neighborhood concerns and public safety updates on Thursday, February 24th at 7pm. A general DTLna meeting will follow. There’s just one difficulty – We need a location. Please let me know if you are willing to host. Apologies for the last minute notice, as well.
2. Corey Jackson of DowntownLynn.com is leading the charge on an “Emergency Clean-up of Central Square, Exchange, Munroe, Oxford and parts of Union and Washington Streets” Saturday, February 26th, from 10am to 1pm. Let him know you’re interested by following this link to sign up, so he can notify you of the final details.
3. On Thursday, March 3rd, we’re having an informal meet and greet with our Ward 5 Councilor Brendan Crighton, hosted by DTLna board member Erika Schnitker. 7pm, 7 Central Square. Unit 404.
4. The next Arts After Hours is Saturday, March 5th, 7 – 9pm in the LynnArts facility, 25 Exchange Street. $8 admission and you are encouraged to buy tickets in advance this time through the AAH website. The theme is Bourbon Street: Music by The Kinds of New Orleans, featuring Elephant Wrecking Ball | New Orleans food with a Blue Ox twist by Chef Matt O’Neil for $5 a serving | Wine and Beer from Turbine for $5 a serving | 2011 AAH Award presented to The People’s Poet, Elizabeth McKim | body painting by Stake Airbrushing ($10) | Spiral Glyphics returns to AAH for fire dancing outside at 9pm
Additionally, Corey Jackson is holding open auditions tomorrow and Monday, (Feb 20, 21) for a spring musical, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, running June 10th through June 19th in the Neal Rantoul Theatre. More info is also on ArtsAfterHours.com
DTLna events down the road:
- “Earth Day” 4/24/11 Clean Up
- 2 weekends with Restaurant tours
- Garden Party
- Condo Building Yard Sales
- 2nd Round of Restaurant Tours
- 1st Saturday in October holding the 4th Annual Neighborfest
Thanks for reading it all!
This list is primarily for DTLna sponsored events and other events in Downtown Lynn. More event information is available on LynnHappens.com, on our local blogs and in our local papers.